Monday, October 29, 2012

When Mr. Nervous is away, the Nervous Cook will play… with everything he dislikes (but begrudgingly eats when I serve them to him). You know, like beets. And tofu. Which make up about 80% of this dish: The other 20% is onion, garlic, and dill mustard.


But it's 100% delicious.

(For the record, Mr. Nervous does like Brussels sprouts, which are the base of this thing, though he prefers them roasted to shaved.)

No recipe today, just a suggestion: Sliced and boiled beets, onion slices, firm tofu sliced and marinated in a mixture of beet juice / mustard / vinegar. Season with salt / pepper / poppy seeds.



2 comments:

  1. Oh,

    OH.

    I was raised on beets. I think if they're introduced early in a child's diet, that the glorious pink color will draw them in.

    I had them with cabbage, diced in salads, boiled as a side dish.

    I LOVE BEETS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion. It seems a great way to try out beets.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! Meister (aka the Nervous Cook) reads and appreciates every one of your comments.

Be sure to leave a link to your own blog, so everyone can check it out.